Friday, September 20, 2013

Bible Review: NIV Pink Bible: An Invitation to Hope

The NIV Pink Bible: An Invitation to Hope is a specialty Bible for sufferers of breast cancer and people that want to understand what sufferers of breast cancer and other types of cancer are going through better. The version I reviewed has a pink, leather-type cover.

The first pages before the Bible book contents include a gift presentation page with a Scripture of hope included, a Foreward from someone who has suffered through breast cancer and turned her suffering into a way(s) to help people with breast cancer, Bible introduction page, Table of Contents, and Preface. There are four front and back pages of encouragement and hope throughout this Bible’s pages with inspirational Bible verses at the bottom of those pages for sufferers of breast cancer, or really any type of cancer. Yeshua’s (Jesus’) words that were spoken by him are typed in red ink, making it easy for readers to understand what was said by Yeshua and what wasn’t.

The last pages after the Bible book contents include a Table of Weights and Measures, an Index of topics such as comfort, hope, healing, guidance, suffering, salvation, and provision with Scriptures that match those topics, Prayers from the Bible, a 90-day reading plan/tour of the Bible, a three-year Bible reading plan, and an overview of the Old and New Testaments which gives a brief explanation of the Biblical books. There is also a handy pink book marker so readers will not lose their place while reading straight through the Bible or within specific Biblical books throughout the Bible.

The encouragement pages in this Bible gave me a reminder that there are many people out there suffering not only with breast cancer, but with other types of cancer as well. People that I know with cancer and who have had cancer in the past came to my mind, and helped me to understand a little bit about what they are going through. I liked how those encouragement pages were inserted into the Bible instead of included on the pages with the actual Biblical text because readers can turn to those pages when they want to read them.

I read through the books of Ecclesiastes, Hebrews, and Revelation while reviewing this Bible. I read through the book of Ecclesiastes on the first day of the Biblical feast of Sukkot, and was happy that the Scriptures came alive to me that day and on other days in some ways as I was reading. I loved how Yeshua (Jesus’) words were printed in red ink because it was an important attention-getter for me, indicating that I should stop and pay attention because Yeshua was speaking.  I am looking forward to spending time reading in depth some of the prayers from the Bible and possibly praying them as well.

There is an assortment of encouragement for hope and healing for people with cancer in the encouragement and topical index pages included in this Bible, which point to many Scripture verses that back up these truths.

My review = 5 out of 5 stars


Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://booksneeze®.com/> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment