Monday, July 15, 2013

Book Review: Priceless Stones: 42 Days of Hebrew Promises for Kingdom Living by James Revoir


Spend 42 days or less learning Hebrew words translated from Hebrew to English. This book is set up with a devotional-style of reading one devotional per day but can easily be extended to include more than one devotional per day, depending on how much the reader wants to learn each day. A Scripture verse is used to support the Hebrew word that is used in each devotional, and a story/description about the word is described usually in two or three pages. Each devotional ends with a prayer, a declaration, and three questions relating to the devotional for deeper reflection. A handy glossary of Hebrew words is located at the back of the book, in both English to Hebrew and Hebrew to English.

I really enjoyed learning some Hebrew words through the teachings in this book. I kept a journal of Hebrew words, with their English meanings as I read through this book. I liked how the Scriptures at the beginning of the readings were used in relation to the Hebrew words for each day. At first I only noticed a few typos in the book, which I don’t like to mention when I notice only a few. Then, I started to notice a little more. I might have received an advanced reader’s copy of the book with uncorrected typos though, although I didn’t see that written on the book anywhere. I don’t think there are enough typos to justify not purchasing the book if you want to expand your Hebrew dictionary through a devotional-style book. I looked forward to the prayers and declarations at the end of each devotional, which applied to what was explained in the devotionals. I hope to get this book out to review some of the words taught from time to time, so that the Hebrew words will stay in my mind, which some of them already have.

If you are looking for a book that will help you to start to build a Hebrew vocabulary, or extend your already existing Hebrew vocabulary I believe that Priceless Stones: 42 Days of Hebrew Promises for Kingdom Living is the book for you.

My rating= 4.5 out of 5 stars

I received a complimentary copy of this book from BookCrash for this review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment