Thursday, July 4, 2013

Film Review (well, sort of): Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat

I have not dug that deep into film reviews, but hope to do more of that some day.

A little over a month ago my father gave me the film "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" to watch. It sat on my shelf where I passed by it several times a week. I decided to dive into a project while it was playing in the background, thinking it was a Biblical film for children with a lot of acting. I came back to the film a few days later and decided to pay more attention to it. Well, not only is there a lot of great acting but it is a full-blown musical with great acting. It also reached out to me very much as an adult.

It was so interesting to me...It shows the audience like they are watching a play at school or something, and then at the end you realize the actors were watching themselves but they didn't look like the actors. Such a great idea!

The strangest part for me was watching Donny Osmond in this musical because I was not used to seeing him in Biblical roles, but I am used to it now.

So, I'm supposed to pass the film on but I think I'm going to keep it a little while longer and watch it a few more times.

Prologue/Opening Song:





No comments:

Post a Comment