Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Book Blog Tour: A Big Year for Lily by Mary Ann Kinsinger and Suzanne Woods Fisher

*****This review is meant for parents, teachers, and other people that work with children to read.*****

A Big Year for Lily is the third book in The Adventures of Lily Lapp series. Each chapter features a new adventure in Lily Lapps’ life. There are many different kinds of adventures which include joyful, scary, traumatizing, and hopeful moments. Lily starts a new school year and she is part of a mystery that is happening within her class. She thinks she does the right thing by telling the truth in a situation that happens at school but why won’t anybody believe her? Readers will also learn what a circle letter is and that the Amish are good at quilting and sewing.

Traveling through the mind of an Amish child in this story was interesting me. I learned that sometimes Amish children have so many cousins they often do not know very much about some of them, or maybe even all of them. Lily was blessed to be able to attend school with two of her cousins though. I was reminded how the Amish get things done quickly in most cases because people within their communities often come together to help each other when disastrous and/or traumatic events occur. Even though I’m an adult I connected with many parts of this story since I have been a part of the adventures of children throughout the years.

So far I have read and reviewed the first three books in The Adventures of Lily Lapp series and there have been many times I haven’t wanted to put the books down. I am looking forward to the fourth book in this series also. I don’t think children or adults reading the books in the series will get lost in the storyline if they haven’t read prior books but I’m sure it will be exciting for some children to learn about Lily’s previous adventures in the other books.

Available July 2013 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.


I received a complimentary copy of this book from Revell for this review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Jill, for your lovely review and for being a part of the blog tour! So grateful to you for your support and encouraging words. Warmly, Suzanne

    ReplyDelete