Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Book Review: I AM THAT I AM by Judy Azar LeBlanc


"I AM THAT I AM: Tracing the Footprints of God" is a book that combines a lot of Biblical topics, such as different names for God, different kinds of covenants, and describes deeper meanings for Jesus’ parables from the New Testament Gospels. It uses tables to show Jesus’ teachings, parables, and miracles, the places where they happened, and which Biblical book(s) they are located in; some of the tables also include the dates that they are thought or proven to have happened. It also uses maps and pictures of Biblical places and items such as the Pool of Bethesda and stone water jars.

It was interesting to learn about different covenants, such as the Edenic, Adamic, Postdiluvian Noahic, Abrahamic, Mosaic, Palestininian/Deuteronomic Land, Davidic, and the New Covenant. Even though I had already been reading within those covenants in the Bible I didn’t know there were so many separate covenants before the New Covenant.

I am not used to using God’s name with the word Jehovah so that was something that was different for me with reading this book. Also, there were some spelling errors. I usually tend to ignore a few of them; I think it’s worthy to mention that in this book review though because there were more than a few. It’s also possible that I received an advanced reader’s copy (with spelling errors not corrected yet) and was not aware of it (I don’t see that written anywhere on my book).

I loved that this book gives deeper meanings about Jesus’ parables. I will probably be pulling it out in the future when I am not sure exactly what the meanings are behind different parables.

Filled with references to back up the research, "I AM THAT I AM"  is a valuable tool for Bible/Sunday School facilitators, Jesus’ disciples/followers, and people who are curious to learn more about the layout of the Bible.

My review = 4 out of 5 stars

I received a complimentary copy of this book from BookCrash for this review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment