Monday, May 27, 2013

Book Review: Boundaries for Leaders by Dr. Henry Cloud



Dr. Henry Cloud, co-author of the book Boundaries: When to Say YES, When to Say NO, To Take Control of Your Life teaches about leadership boundaries in Boundaries for Leaders. It focuses on helping business leaders accomplish a vision. He lays a foundation for leaders to build upon which helps to cast and execute a plan of bringing their employees on their business team, and not seeing each individual department as a separate team. It is filled with ways to make work culture better within a business, which trickles down to the customers who buy its products and services. He explains how a company that is ready to call it quits can potentially turn things around by having a positive attitude. He also gives many examples of how his approach of Boundaries for Leaders works in businesses through stories he shares of business leaders he has worked with. 

It was great to be able to learn how boundaries can be put into effect into a work culture and I believe that leaders that follow the teachings in this book will have changes happen within their businesses, most likely for the better as they develop healthy (or healthier) boundaries. One new area that was brought up in this book for me was how a pattern is sometimes viewed as a problem. Patterns and problems are different. It might help when we address that what is going wrong is a pattern and not a problem, but if a bad pattern continues to occur a “necessary ending” might need to occur. I also like the examples he gave explaining that there is power in our words, to either build up or tear down.

Reading the book Boundaries that Dr. Henry Cloud co-authored and taking a class on how to create boundaries started a big change in my life about ten years ago. The teachings became ingrained inside of me and I am pretty sure that I currently use what I learned in all or most areas of my life. Needless to say, it was a blessing to be able to read and review this book for the publisher because of how the Boundaries book teachings have inspired me and changed my life, and continue to do so.  

I highly recommend Boundaries for Leaders if you want to learn how to create healthy boundaries within your business, non-profit organization, or ministry. I believe you will benefit from learning and absorbing what is taught throughout the pages of this book, and you will also be able to put the information into action in so many ways. 

My rating= 5 out of 5 stars

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://booksneeze®.com/> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment