Friday, April 26, 2013

Book Blog Tour: The Gate by Dann A Stouten



Schyler Hunt is a man who loves books; he’s had visions of writing the Great American novel but never got around to it. He was supposed to go out of town with his wife but their get-away turns into a girls’ trip instead, so he decides to go away on his own adventure. He ends up in a house that is in a place called “God’s Country”, otherwise known as Heaven. He discovers it is a place he has read about in an internet ad before when he saw a sign above the entrance called “Angel’s Gate”, a place that could possibly be connected with the New Jerusalem. As Schyler continues to spend time there, he meets people that he never imagined meeting, people who try to instill values and morals into him that sometimes strangers sent by God only have the ability to accomplish.


The title of "The Gate" intrigued me because it gave me an interest to imagine what a Heavenly gate might be like. The book description also reeled me into reading this book because I sometimes wonder what it would be like for people in the afterlife. While I was reading, I liked when Schyler started to think about when Moses asks God his name in Exodus and God neither answers him or refuses to answer, by telling him "I AM WHO I AM". This showed me that I should try not to question God and go forward in faith instead. As I continued reading, I remembered a book in the past I read about a person running into divine helpers on a journey. “The Gate” expanded my mind to go beyond that story, in ways that connect to what Heaven and the afterlife might look and be like.

I trust that the people that this book is intended for will be led to it just at the exact time that they need to read it. 

Available April 2013 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from Revell for this review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment