Saturday, March 9, 2013

Book Blog Tour: You're Made for a God-Sized Dream by Holley Gerth

You’re Made for a God-Sized Dream is a high source of encouragement for God-Sized Dreamers. Holley Gerth comes alongside readers to explain to them they are not alone and that she cares that their God-Sized Dreams become a reality. It helps readers to think back to other God-Sized Dreams that were fulfilled in their lives so that they will not give up on their current God-Sized Dreams, and as they walk forward into those dreams God will most likely place more God-Sized Dreams in their hearts. At the end of each chapter there is a “Go Deeper Guide” (with questions) and a “Dream It, Do It” section. In the very last chapter the words written are a way to try to commission the readers so that they will go forward with their God-Sized Dreams.

I started this book soon after I had prayed that Jesus (Yeshua) would open up a door(s) of purpose in my life. No matter how big or small the dreams God has placed in my heart this book tried to pull me onto the next step of my God-Sized Dreams and encouraged me to continue on until I am walking in those dreams. I learned that I am already living in the midst of a dream God has already made a reality in my life and I got so used to the dream that it became a normal part of my life, and that I forget about how much I longed for the dream before it became a reality. The big question I was dealing with before I read this book was “Does God want me where I am in my life or is this a “me” thing?” This quote from the book answered this question for me:

“The point is not to say, “This isn’t about me at all” but instead to say “This isn’t all about me.” (Page 164)…which after some explanation I came to realize there has to be some “me” in the purposes I am called to. For instance I might be able to say, “This is what God has done with “me” (a skill/passion he has given me) to help a specific group of people to be able to reach out to “them".

What I also gained from reading this book is that God gives people different God-Sized Dreams in life and we should concentrate on being happy for the dreams/purposes he has given each of one of us individually and to try to cheer other people on and support them with their God-Sized Dreams as well. And also when our dreams and purposes don’t match then we probably need to take a step back. Our purpose(s) will most likely match our lives and continue on in various seasons.

I loved the key symbol used in the book, which symbolized to me that Jesus (Yeshua) has the key to unlock all the doors of the dreams God plants in our hearts. I was so ecstatic about a lot of what I read in this book. I hope many people will be able to move on to the next phase of their God-Sized Dreams as a result of reading it, and then to continue moving forward until their God-Sized Dreams become a reality. 

My rating= 5 out of 5 stars 

Available March 2013 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.


I received a complimentary copy of this book from Revell for this review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment