Sunday, January 6, 2013

Book Blog Tour: Vanished by Irene Hannon

Vanished is the first book in the Private Justice series, by Irene Hannon. Moira Harrison was caught in a bad storm while driving. She can’t locate her distance glasses and is startled when a person appears in the road. She slams on her brakes, thinks she hit the person, and swerves off the road. A “Good Samaritan” has stopped to help her and he agrees to come back after he calls for help. She loses consciousness and wakes up after about an hour and notices that no help has arrived. A private investigator is later assigned to her case and informs her that they do not have anything to really go on to continue the case. Moira pushes to find more information because she will not be able to put the incident to rest until she knows what happened to the person she feels sure that she hit.


Irene Hannon has a way of grabbing my attention in the first chapter of her books, in a way that often does not make me want to put the books down after I have started reading them. I often have a hard time following suspense novels and so far I haven’t gotten lost in Irene’s stories, maybe because she reveals the details at a pace that my brain can handle. Vanished starts off giving the story of the case that sets a foundation for the book. It explains what the conditions of the night were like, what happened before and after the accident, and a police officer arrives who doesn’t really seem to believe her story since she lost consciousness for awhile and wasn’t wearing her distance glasses. One of the character traits I liked about Moira is that she was concerned about someone that she thought she hit with her car that disappeared and it was that concern that prompted the case. Interesting facts are revealed about the characters throughout the story that help explain psychologically why some of them did what they did. I could not really determine the ending of the story until I came to the end of it.


People who have read and enjoyed Irene Hannon’s books will probably enjoy this one as well. This also is a book that I recommend to people who haven’t read her books before and like suspense novels with well laid out details.

Available January 2013 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from Revell for this review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

1 comment: