Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Book Blog Tour: The Dilemma of Charlotte Farrow by Olivia Newport

When the caregiver for Charlotte’s son has an emergency occur and can’t take care of him Charlotte is faced with a huge obstacle…what should she tell her employer? She surely will not be able to keep him living there a secret.  In order to save her son from immediately being sent away and losing her job she comes up with a plan…even if it is a lie. Sarah is a new employee for the family that Charlotte also works for. She came from an orphanage and has a rough start, maybe because she was only used to completing chores and wasn’t used to working so much. Archie has eyes for Charlotte but she is not so sure he should be interested in her. 


I immediately started remembering what happened in the first “Avenue of Dreams” novel when I first started reading this second novel in the series, about Charlotte hiding her son from her employer pretty soon after he had been born. The fact that she wouldn’t be able to hide him anymore showed me that he had probably grown up enough that he couldn’t be hidden anymore; maybe he was at the trying to stand stage. I liked how Charlotte explained that the situation that ended up happening with her son made her feel like Moses' mother in the Bible might have felt.

I am definitely a person who follows novels well from Olivia Newport pretty well. I recommend this book to people who have read the first book in the “Avenue of Dreams” series. I believe it can be read as a stand alone novel as well. 

Available January 2013 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a complimentary book from Revell for this review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment