Monday, December 3, 2012

Book Blog Tour: Oliver Twist: The Parish Boy's Progress by Charles Dickens



This version of the Oliver Twist story is a radio theatre version from Focus on the Family. It is a classic story of hope about an orphan boy trying to cope through some challenging situations. The listeners of the CDs in the product package will be able to hear a lot of sound effects to help them better understand what is happening in the story. It also contains a DVD of some remarkable stories from people who were taken away from their parents as children as well as some behind-the-scenes footage of how this story came to life radio theatre style.

I loved the narration of this story; the audio effects were so great that I felt like if I closed my eyes while listening I would imagine I was sitting inside of a performing arts theatre. I could really hear a lot of emotion in the performers/speakers voices. I was able to get lost in listening to the story, without having to read words. The stories included from adults who were orphaned as children on the DVD really touched me. The behind-the-scenes footage on the DVD was also interesting for me to watch because it showed how some of the sounds in the story were made and how the performers/speakers were able to concentrate on their voices during the production. 

I always seem to connect with stories about orphans so I am very happy I was able to review this product and I believe the story will touch many people.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a complimentary copy of “Oliver Twist” CD from Tyndale Publishing Company. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own..

1 comment:

  1. I loved it too..
    Hard to put into words what am impact it made.

    ReplyDelete