Friday, November 16, 2012

The Count's Hanukkah Countdown by Tilda Balsley and Ellen Fischer, Illustrated by Tom Leigh

*****This review is meant for parents, teachers, and other people that work with children to read.*****

The Sesame Street characters are friends with people from Israel and help them get ready for Hanukkah. As they prepare, numbers are used to teach children how to count, for instance, with the amount of candles to be used with the menorah and the number of gifts being passed out. The characters even come up with what they think is the perfect Hanukkah number.  

I loved the repetition of numbers throughout the book and how to connect a certain number to Hanukkah, since that number is used a lot with Hanukkah. I don’t normally like reviewing books with spooky-type characters, such as the Count but I can see why he was chosen in a Sesame Street book about counting. The book is full of a lot of colorful pictures that are very helpful in bringing the story alive. 

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a free copy of this book from Kar-Ben Publishing. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment