Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Book Review: Fearless Daughters of the Bible by J. Lee Grady




Fearless Daughters of the Bible is written by a man who has four daughters. He speaks as if he was blessed that he had all daughters, and how that is part (or maybe all) of the inspiration of this book. The book shows readers how God called women to do important things for him in Biblical times, such as the courage to challenge tradition and injustice, claim God’s blessing, to be the first to witness the resurrection of Jesus, to mentor others, etc. It uses the examples of 22 women who were Godly women leaders, such as Sarah, the five daughters of Zelophehad, Achsah, Ruth, Deborah, Mary Magdalene, the Samaritan Woman, etc. Each chapter seems to go deep into the story of these women and what their Godly purpose was.

I liked how the author of this book (J. Lee Grady) has a good attitude about being in a family a women. Before I read this book I was convinced that women were not supposed to be leaders in areas other than women’s and children’s ministries. It convinced me that God has and will continue to use women as leaders in many different areas, sometimes when men are present as well. It really was interesting for me to read that the daughters of Zelophehad were opinionated and didn’t keep silent, like women in that day might have done. God granted their request. This is a book I hope to continue to pull out at different points in my life, to reread information about the Godly women leaders and to pick up information I might have not absorbed the first time.

I received this book free from Chosen Books for this review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment