Sunday, November 4, 2012

Book Review: Our Southern Breeze by Daphene Jones Jones



Our Southern Breeze is a memoir about Daphene Jones’ life. She is the twin sister of Deborah Hall who the book/movie Some Kind of Different as Me is about. She explains the triumphs and hardships of her life with and without her twin sister Deborah, her other sister Gretchen, and her children. She also explained how she found God, how the name Our Southern Breeze came about, and shows what individuality is like in a twin’s life. She speaks a good deal about her vocation as well. There are black and white pictures shared in the back of the book of her and her family and friends.

The reason I choose to review this book is because I had heard it was written to compliment the Some Kind of Different as Me story, which was also made into a movie. I have not found out information about the movie but would like to possibly see it in the future. Daphene didn’t seem to go into much detail about her family life during her childhood but it sounded like it was rough at times. It almost seemed like what I read in this memoir was just one or two layers of her life and that there could possibly be deeper layers. I liked it that way, no matter how many layers of her life she actually wrote about.

This book can be an encouragement to many to keep moving forward in life even when there are setbacks. It shows that God is willing to give us new chances in life until we get his will for our lives right.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from BookCrash for this review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment