Saturday, November 3, 2012

Book Blog Tour: People Can't Drive You Crazy If You Don't Give Them The Keys by Mike Bechtle


People Can’t Drive You Crazy If You Don’t Give Them The Keys teaches people how to keep others from messing up their lives and gives readers wisdom and discernment about whether it is right to stay in relationships with those people or not. It also teaches about who these people are, such as our coworkers, family members, and/or friends. It helps the readers understand what relationships they should leave and how important it is to create a plan to leave in some cases. It also helps people to see that there is danger in always believing when they are right. It shows how to put the teachings taught in the book into practice as the book starts drawing to a close. 


I learned that we may need to stay in some relationships, such as with family members or coworkers even if our lives are getting messed up by a person in these relationships; this book offers suggestions on how to cope in those situations. A key point for me was when it was explained that people that we care about the most will most likely irritate us the most when they do something that hurts us, or that we don’t like. A teaching that continues to be repeated in my life that I also read about in this book is that we are responsible for only changing ourselves, not other people. We can hope a person will change for the better but the reality is that might not happen, if they are not willing to make the change(s). Trying to change a person for the better or for worse who doesn’t want to be changed will cause frustration for the person that desires the change(s) to occur. It encouraged me to be who I am and not allow anybody to try to change me to be somebody I am not and don’t want to be. At first I didn’t think this book was focused on God and the Bible but as I read deeper into the book I discovered it is. In fact, this is the first book I can remember reading that briefly explained that the Bible is a book about relationships, and not religion. 

(As a side note, when I stood in line to vote for the Presidental election this week one person in line got a kick out the title of this book (I brought it to read while I standing in line). She said that the title of the book should be a bumper sticker; and then I wondered if it already is.)

Available October 2012 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a complimentary book from Revell for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment