Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Book Review: All Things New by Lynn Austin

All Things New is a book about new beginnings. Josephine Weatherly tries to pick up the pieces in her life from the affects of a war. The times are desperate for many people. It shows different attitudes and ways of life for people who are well off and for people who need to beg to get the basic necessities of life. It also shows how people who have been better off in life are going through times where they need to come alongside people who have been less well off, such as the need to stand in line for necessities with them.



I am at a place in my life where I am trying to start over in some ways, which made this book interesting to read at times. I really liked how the book of Job was used in this book to encourage the characters; it encouraged me at times, also. When one of the characters was feeling distant from God somebody was sent into her life to help encourage her. The different sets of characters seemed to be on different courses of their lives but in some ways their lives seemed to intersect. Some characters were faced with the decision to follow their hearts or to follow what other people might want for them.

I think this book will be an encouragement to people who are “starting over” in some/many areas of their lives.

My rating = 4.5 out of 5 stars

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a complimentary book from Bethany House for this review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment