Sunday, November 4, 2012

Book Review: A Season of Tending by Cindy Woodsmall

A Season of Tending focuses on some Amish families, with the theme of a fruit garden and a canning business. Samuel and Catherine are boyfriend and girlfriend. He tries to talk her into getting a puppy from a recent litter that had been born. Jacob sets boundaries about how he wants to volunteer his time. Leah confesses to her brother a secret that might change her life forever. She doesn't know where her boyfriend Michael and her relationship stands at times. In the middle of these relationships different situations in life happens to the characters; it’s up to the readers to discern for better or for worse.

The character that I followed the best in this book was Leah. She was the main character for my personal reading experience with this book. She was constantly testing life and found herself in circumstances that seemed over her head. To be honest, I didn’t follow much of the rest of the story. It could be because I just didn’t connect well with the characters at the beginning and got lost later in the story, or it could be that this is one of the writing styles my brain doesn’t follow very well. I don’t doubt that many other people will connect well with this story though.

My rating = 4 out of 5 stars.  I always try to deduct only 1 point for getting lost in the storyline of the books  I review. Just because I didn’t follow a story doesn’t mean a lot of other people won’t be able to.

I received this book free from Waterbrook Multnomah for this review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment