Monday, October 1, 2012

Book Review: Finding God When You Need Him Most by Chip Ingram


Finding God When You Need Him Most is a book that breaks down some of the Psalms in the Bible, to show how they can comfort people during times when they are afraid, going through a crisis, and are depressed and/or confused. It shows how the Psalms explained in this book reveal not only the character of God but also of Jesus.  Chip Ingram encourages readers of this book to develop a deeper relationship with God, not such a relationship where they are spending time with God by praying rush prayers but by making time for him in their daily lives.

I found that some of the phrases in the Bible took on new meaning to me from reading this book, such as “the valley of the shadow of death” referring to a flock of sheep traveling through dangerous and unfamiliar territory and “be still” meaning to cease striving. This book made me think about some of the Psalms in ways I had not thought about them before. I had also don’t remember learning before that Moses had written a Psalm even though I remember reading through the Psalms various times, now Psalm 90 has taken on new meaning to me and I most likely will remember that as the Psalm that Moses wrote.

I have no doubt that this book will give people fresh eyes in regards to some or all of the Psalms that are discussed in this book.

I received this book free in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.

No comments:

Post a Comment