Monday, October 8, 2012

Book Blog Tour: When A Heart Stops by Lynnette Eason


Someone has broken into Serena Hopkin's home. She doesn't know why they are there or what they want from her. When other break-ins happen to other people in the story the crime workers start to understand that they do not seem to want to murder Serena or the other victims, they want something from them instead. There is a letter from Jillian, who has yet to reveal what happened one night during her high school days; it has been a mystery for years. Camille is a troubled youth, who has been staying at the Covenant House, which was been a shelter for her; Serena feels protective of her but she does not know if that protectiveness will be enough to protect her when she needs it the most.

I started really connecting with this story around the middle of the book. I guess everything up to that point prepared me to connect with the story later. I love stories where strategies are put into action to protect people and this story had many of them. I also love hearing about how shelters have helped people and the Covenant House seemed to help Camille a lot. I started to connect this story with the last "Deadly Reunions" series book when Jillian's letter about the night during high school was discussed. I think it would be harder to read it as a stand-alone book. As with the first Deadly Reunions book I read I couldn't predict what was going to happen next. The ending  made me anticipate the next "Deadly Reunions" book.

My rating = 4.5 out of 5 stars

Available October 2012 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from Revell for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment