Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Book Review: Everything the Bible Says about Prayer


"Everything the Bible Says about Prayer" highlights many (and quite possibly) all the examples of people praying in the Bible. Each chapter gives an introduction for the topic such as praying confidentially, prayer elements, prayers for adversity, prayers of blessings, prayers of forgiveness, prayers for wisdom and guidance, what Jesus taught about prayer, etc. Each chapter also lists verses of prayers in the Bible spoken from Jesus, Moses, David, Job, Stephen, Solomon, Jeremiah, Hannah, Jonah, Elijah, Jabez, Daniel, Habakkuk, Paul, etc. Classic Christian writers also share their thoughts on prayer as well.

Even though this book was only a little over one hundred pages I felt like it was filled with much information regarding prayers that not only people in Biblical history prayed but that we can also pray today in some cases. It clearly showed me that the Bible gives so many examples of prayer that I didn't notice was there before. No matter what situation a person faces there seems to be a prayer like it that somebody in the Bible has prayed before. It seems like one of the many truths that it taught is that the most important ingredients to prayers are not to pray excessively for ourselves but to offer praise to God, to pray for others, and to not forget to pray for ourselves while we are in the midst of that. This is probably a book I will be pulling out at different times to look up prayers that someone in the Bible prayed regarding situations that I will be facing in the future.


I received this book free from Bethany House for this review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.





No comments:

Post a Comment