Monday, September 10, 2012

Book Blog Tour and Contest Information: The Reunion by Dan Walsh


My review of The Reunion by Dan Walsh:

Aaron Miller is a veteran who used to have a family in his life but is now alone. He is a maintenance worker at a trailer park; a place where he is wanted, needed, and loved. The readers will find the story weaving back and forth between his devotion to the people he helps on his job and how he takes those same people he has treated with love and kindness and treats them with that same love and kindness outside of his job. God places Aaron in some devastating situations and he becomes someone who he uses in ways beyond what the human mind can plan on its own. Readers should also be able to discern how and when the reunion starts coming about, and why the reunion is so important to many people in this novel.

The way Aaron acted in the novel is the way I wish we would all act towards others, with kindness and the love of God. This story helped open my mind to how love and kindness are so important for us to express to the people who are placed in our lives because we never know what a person is going through.  The novel also seemed very orderly to me. The story moved along situation by situation in calm ways even when disaster was occurring. Aaron didn’t panic, he just took the situations as they were given to him and when he was faced with danger he put others above himself. Aaron truly has a gift of making strangers into friends. His kindness and love towards the people who were placed into his life is something I wish many of us would get better at expressing to others around us who are experiencing fresh losses or who are hurting so badly from many layers of losses and difficulties.

I was pretty confident that this novel would touch me, since the first Dan Walsh novel I read touched me as well. His compassion towards others has been very noticeable to me in the pages of his books. I am confident that this book will touch many people.

My rating= 5 out of 5 stars

Available September 2012 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from Revell for this review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.


Contest Information

For the for the next week, starting today and running till next Monday, September 17th, 2013 Dan Walsh is celebrating the release of his new novel, The Reunion, with a 10-book giveaway contest! Five winners will each receive a signed copy of The Reunion, as well as his third novel, The Deepest Waters. (He’s  including this book because it was named a finalist for an ACFW Carol Award for book-of-the-year). Click on the link below to see how easily you can enter the contest!




No comments:

Post a Comment