Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Book Review: The Power of the Prophetic Blessing by John Hagee

In "The Power of the Prophetic Blessing" John Hagee describes the prophetic and priestly blessings that are spoken of in Scripture. He makes the readers aware that these blessings have been constantly prayed by the Jewish people and that non-Jewish people are able to receive these blessings as well. He includes his own examples of proclamations to pray over children, grandchildren, and other family members in the areas of health and healing, testing and trials, business, favor, emotional stability, and divine prosperity. He also promotes unity between Jewish and non-Jewish people by helping readers understand that Jesus was Jewish and because of that they should not reject Jewish people but bless them instead.

I started this book thinking that the prayers listed in this book are just for Israelites but as I continued reading I really started to believe that they are for anybody who has these prayers put upon their hearts to pray, including God-fearing Gentiles who are grafted in with Israel. I never grasped onto the fact that there was a difference in prophetic and priestly blessings before I read this book. John did a great job of breaking down both of them in a way I could understand them better. I also never grasped onto the idea that when we wrestle with God transformation happens, and that we can receive a blessing from God in those wrestling matches if we insist on it. This book really opened my mind in ways that it hadn't been opened before and I am grateful that I was able to read and review it.

I believe that anybody that has a heart for Israel or wants to have a heart for Israel will benefit greatly from reading this book.

My rating= 5 out of 5 stars

Disclosure of material connection: I received a complimentary copy of this book from Handlebar Marketing  for this review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment