Thursday, August 23, 2012

Book Blog Tour: Dying to Read by Lorena McCourtney

My Review of Dying to Read by Lorena McCourtney:

The Whodunit Book Club often gets together to discuss books that they have read. When they gather together at a house that is called a “split personality” house to discuss a book they have read their friend and book club member Amelia is discovered in a state that they were not expecting to find her in. Her death created a permanent change for their book club. Cate Kinkaid is a Private Investigator who stumbled into the profession without any prior knowledge or training. She doesn’t think she is worthy to be working in the profession at first but is trying to please her uncle who helped her obtain the position. To make matters even more unusual Cate is assigned to the death case as her first assignment. 

There was not a simple answer to solving Amelia’s case. Throughout the book I wondered how Amelia ended up deceased at the bottom of the staircase. The book took me through the course of thinking she could have died on accident or different people could have murdered her as Cate dug into trying to discover if there was evidence that they caused her death. I loved Cate’s determination to continue on with her Private Investigator role as she moved forward with this assignment, even when she was discouraged to not go forward with it by someone who she seemed to trust.

I didn’t follow the novel as well as I would have liked to, although that wasn't the author’s fault since I sometimes have a hard time following suspense/mystery novels. I loved the theme of the book club though. I recommend this book for people who follow suspense and mystery novels well. 

My rating= 4 out of  5 stars

Available August 2012 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a complimentary book from Revell for this review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment