Sunday, July 22, 2012

Book Review: Love in Disguise by Carol Cox



My review of Love in Disguise by Carol Cox:

Ellie Moore thought she was made to always have a job in theatre but when that falls through she is forced to look for another job. She stumbles upon a job as a private investigator and it takes some time to convince Pinkerton Detective Agency that she is right for the job. She has no idea what she is about take on when she accepts the job and winds up in a place that is not as glamorous as she expects but realizes that her acting skills will come in handy in more ways than one. Steven Pierce starts falling for a character that Ellie is disguised as for her job and she starts to feel like she is living a lie because that character is not who she truly is.

I have a little bit of a theatre background, which is what kept me interested at certain points of book, and is also the number one reason I wanted to review it. I connected with parts of this novel and other parts I didn’t connect with, which is not the author’s fault. I have a hard time following suspense and mystery novels at times which is why I think that happened. I thought this would be a novel that I wouldn’t get lost with although I wasn’t totally lost in the storyline. I understand a lot about the ins and outs of theatrical life and how it can be hard to break away from that way of life once you have been in it awhile, which is why it was totally believable to me that anybody coming from an acting job could bring their acting skills to their new job as a private investigator. It was a great idea for a novel and I know many people will probably connect with it who follow suspense and mystery novels better than I do.

My review= 4.5 out of 5 stars

I received this book free from Bethany House for this review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment