Friday, July 13, 2012

Book Blog Tour: When You Need a Miracle by Linda Evans Shepherd



My Review of "When You Need a Miracle" by Linda Evans Shepherd:

When You Need a Miracle helps readers learn how to ask the Lord for ordinary or unordinary miracles in their lives. It covers many topics such as trust, truth, unforgiveness, and praise which are explained using different Scripture references. Linda Evans Shepherd shares stories of situations that have happened to her and people she knows to illustrate some of the points made. There are different prayers listed in each chapter to pray in regards to the topics in those chapters. It often lists more than one prayer in each chapter. There is also “Scripture to Ponder” at the end of each chapter.

This book has been such a blessing to me; I can’t even find all the words I need to explain how it has blessed me. It arrived at just the right time for me to read it without whizzing through it. I believe it was totally put in my life at the right time when I needed to draw closer to God. I found myself going back to pray some of the prayers over and over again as I was progressing through the book. I loved how there were "Scriptures to Ponder" to read aloud at the end of each chapter. I read some of them aloud and often thought what I read was so amazing I often reread the Scriptures because they were so inspiring to me. It is a book I can picture myself grabbing out of my book cabinet many times because the prayers often comforted and helped me communicate better with God.

I recommend this book to anyone that needs prayer for miracles in their lives and wants to draw closer to God in the process.

Available July 2012 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from Revell for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment