Thursday, June 28, 2012

E-Book Review: I Want It Now! A Memoir of Life on the Set of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory by Julie Dawn Cole


 I Want It Now! A Memoir of Life on the Set of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is a memoir of Julie Dawn Cole’s life, which mostly focuses on her experiences of performing as Veruca Salt in the film Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory as a child. She describes what it was like before, during, and after the release of the popular children’s film, a film that has touched the hearts of many people. It also explains how the theatrical performances she took on as a child planted seeds to her theatrical life as an adult. Julie shares many photos of her experiences with Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and her other acting jobs throughout the book. She also shares about her life outside of acting.

I was and continue to be immensely touched by the story of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory as a child and as an adult, so it was a huge blessing to read and review this book. I loved how Julie shared that some of the parts of filming Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory were left a surprise for the children so that their reactions on film would be genuine. It was also interesting to me to learn where it was filmed at and how the performers have become a family and have reunions every now and then. This book goes deep into the making of the film and I have no doubt that many people will be (and have already been) touched by it.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book as a free Kindle e-book. I was not required to write a review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. 

 

1 comment:

  1. It's really not tough to set up a blog, in my opinion. I'm not a very technical person either. I would imagine it might be easy for you since you have your own website, although I don't know everything that is involved with setting up a website either. There is not much to it...sign up with the blogging site of your choice, and design it if your blogging site allows it. Then, you publish the content in the blog posts as your schedule allows, with or without pictures and web-links attached. I will try to find a way to post this answer on your website also since I am not sure if you will be back here to retrieve this message.

    ReplyDelete