Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Book Blog Tour: Passages by Brian Hardin


My Review of Passages:

In Passages Brian Hardin teaches that reading the Bible in year can improve a person’s relationship with God, and how to look at it as a book about life, not a book about rules. It describes how a shift will take place a couple of weeks after reading the Bible if people take time to breathe in the Scriptures, which will cause hearts to unlock soon after they start to read it. Brian also talks about how the podcast he leads called “Daily Audio Bible” started and how it has become a community of encouragement for many. In addition, there are three different Bible "read the Bible in a year" reading plans listed at the back of the book.

This book has been a great supplement to my Bible reading since I recently started a “read the Bible in a year” plan. One of the teachings in this book that really opened my eyes is how the Bible used to be taught orally, before some of the Bible passages were written down. Hearing the Word of God spoken is important because God will speak to us that way as well. We should find ways to listen to it, such as reading it aloud amongst a group of believers, or listening to it through a podcast. When I listened to some of the Bible Scripture recordings from Brian’s podcast and through an audio Bible on the internet I came to believe that what he is teaching appears to be true and probably is true, that we do need to take time to hear the Bible spoken to us instead of only reading it. It sounded to me like many people have been blessed through the “Daily Audio Bible” podcast and if Brian didn’t take that step of faith of starting it a lot of people would be missing out on daily encouragement from it.

I recommend this book to people who are thinking of following a “read the Bible in a year” plan. It can also be an encouragement for people who have recently started a “read the Bible in a year” plan to keep going forward with their Bible reading plan as well. 

Disclosure of material connection: I received a complimentary copy of this book from Litfuse Publicity Group for this review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

Follow the Passages Book Blog Tour Here:

 http://litfusegroup.com/blogtours/13507671/brianhardin

 

No comments:

Post a Comment