Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Book Blog Tour: The Director's Cut by Janice Thompson

The Stars Collide set is rolling once again, this time focusing on Tia Morales, a director who is in charge on the set and is used to famous people being around so much that they are like regular people to her. She is so wrapped up in her job that even during her off time she finds ways to mentally work, such as by critiquing camera shots while watching television shows in her spare time. Tia is forced to spend a lot of time with Jason on the set who isn’t very kind to her at first but as they get to know each other he becomes nicer to her. Other cast members of the Stars Collide set return to this story from past novels of the Backstage Pass series.

As I connected with the Director’s Cut story, there were instances that caused me to remember what I read in the last Backstage Pass novel with Athena and Stephen’s story titled Hello Hollywood, but I think it could very well be read as a stand-alone novel as well since I started with the second novel in this series and didn’t get lost in the story. I loved the humor that Tia’s character expressed in the Director’s Cut and how she just wanted to be herself most of the time. I also loved how the cast members did not give up on a cast member with Alzheimer’s disease and found a way to keep her on the set in spite of her sickness. They knew she was a part of the family and that she still brought a lot to the show and to the set. I also loved the continuous references about the color gray; that Tia shouldn’t wear gray, and that gray shouldn’t be color. That made me chuckle, probably because I wear gray sometimes. This novel also gave me a clearer picture of what a director’s role might be like on the set of a television sitcom.

This is the second book I have read in the Backstage Pass series, and I loved it just as much as the first book I read in this series. There are probably many different people who would enjoy this book, from people who like to read about fictionalized television sitcoms, to people who like humorous fiction novels, to people who like to read any kind of novel.  

Available June 2012 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group. 

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a complimentary book from Revell for this review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.




More Fun with Janice Thompson and The Director's Cut:

True stories from Janice Thompson about her career as a director:


A feature article about Janice Thompson from Family Fiction:

No comments:

Post a Comment