Thursday, May 10, 2012

E-Book Review: When You Don't Know What to Pray by Linda Evans Shepherd



When You Don’t Know What to Pray: How to Talk to God About Anything will be a blessing to people who are having trouble coming up with words to pray to our Lord. It is filled with many prayers about relationships, financial situations, the condition of hearts, etc. It also focuses a lot on praying the Scriptures and gives many examples of how to do so. Linda Evans Shepherd has a child with special needs that has been such an encouragement to many people’s lives. She shows that God has a need to use people for his purposes no matter what situations they face.

One of the teachings in this book that got my attention is how we have to check our spirits for truth or error. If someone comes to us and tells us God told them we are supposed to do something specific we should check our spirits to see if God is telling us the same thing. I also liked how the author believes that the Lord’s Prayer shows us the model of how we should pray: Come to God Humbly, Submit to God’s will, Ask (make a request), Repent, and Praise God. It also touched my heart to hear about a story of a child saving their McDonald’s toys to give to orphans and how the orphans gave out of their abundance by giving the leftover toys to other children.

I came across this book during a time I needed some spiritual refreshment and I pray this book will be put into the hands of other people who need some spiritual refreshment in their lives as well.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book as a free Kindle e-book. I was not required to write a review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment