Sunday, April 15, 2012

Book Review: Song of My Heart by Kim Vogel Sawyer


Sadie Wagner was raised by a man that wasn’t her natural father although he treated her like his own child, even though he and his mom had a child of their own. She gets a job at a mercantile in Goldtree, Kansas working as clerk to help pay her family’s bills back home in Indiana. She is excited to know that she will be singing in the opera house in Goldtree as well. After she shows her boss Mr. Baxter how beautifully she sings church hymns he tries to talk her into singing music that she isn’t accustomed to. She is thrilled to have Thad McKane’s attention during her performances, who is involved with some work with the sheriff’s department. Thad is trying to uncover who Sadie Wagner really is, and oftentimes he can’t believe what he sees.

Sadie had to listen to her heart a lot in this story. I could tell she had good intentions in her heart but oftentimes she went off course, although she always seemed open to God’s correction when she saw that at times she was pleasing man instead of God. This story shows me how easily a person can get off track in life from being persuaded by someone else who doesn’t have their best interests at heart but instead their own interests. Her ways of dealing with another person who was interested in her were interesting to me at times, also.

I loved the music theme in this book and I loved reading how someone with a musical talent went after her dream of singing, that was an inspiration to me and I hope it will be an inspiration to others as well.

I received this book free from Bethany House Publishing for this review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment