Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Book Review: Angels are for Real by Judith MacNutt


In Angels are for Real people can learn about the many classifications of angels, such as Seraphim, Cherubim, Thrones, Dominion, Power, Authorities or Virtues, Principality, and Archangels. The author goes into detail about some of the archangels that are spoken about in the Bible as well, such as Michael the archangel. Many stories are also shared from people who have experienced having angels placed in their lives and the author shares about some of her experiences with angelic encounters as well. The readers are also given many Bible verses to explain that angels are for real and should be taken seriously because holy angels are sent as messengers of our Father’s unfailing love.

It was interesting for me to learn that Gabriel the archangel gave Mary Jesus’ name; his name means “God Saves” which explains Jesus’ mission. It was also interesting to learn that angels can make themselves into human form, spiritual form, or keep themselves invisible.

As I was reading this book, I tried to remember times God might have sent angels into my life and this is one of my stories:

My Angel Story:

It was 1993 or 1994 and I decided to take on a telephone directory delivery route and thought I would have some help from a person I had helped delivering the phone books for the same company the previous year. It turned out that person became unavailable to help me, so I was forced to take on this project by myself.

To start out, I picked up the phone books at the place where they were to be stored for pick up at. I must have had to make a lot of trips to pick up the phone books there because I drove a sedan-type vehicle. Next, I needed a place to put the phone books because there was more than one book to put into each bag. So, imagine me loading all the telephone books into my car and then taking those out of my car to store them in my apartment until I could put them in bags. Next, I would need to load the bags into my car before I delivered them.

A person appeared while I was unloading the telephone books from my car to my apartment and saw my struggle. He (an angel I think) asked if he could help at all. I accepted the help and he helped me get all the books I had in my car unloaded into my apartment. Normally I would have not accepted help for something like this but there was something different about this man, something that radiated from him indicating I could trust him. And then when he was finished helping me unload the books from my car to my apartment it was like he turned the corner and vanished. I had never seen him at the apartment building before that day and I never saw him there again after that day.

I received this book free from Chosen Books for this review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment