Monday, April 9, 2012

Book Blog Tour: The Discovery by Dan Walsh


Michael Warner’s grandfather Ben passed away, he was a famous writer. His family found out that they all inherited a large sum of money from him. His sister seems to think he was hiding something and it should now unfold since he isn’t alive anymore. Michael also inherited his grandfather’s house but didn’t get as much money as the rest of the family members, although it was still a substantial amount of money. His grandfather’s literary agent makes an offer to him about writing a book about his grandfather’s life, which he needs to think over for a few days. While Michael is trying to uncover information that he might want to include in his grandfather’s story he discovers something that sets the stage for the rest of the novel.

The reason I choose to review this novel is because it is about a writer. I discovered while reading it that there is a Nazi theme; I like reading stories related to the Holocaust which is why this theme interested me. If it was about any other historical event I think I would have lost interest at the beginning of the novel. Very rarely do I come across novels that I don’t want to put down and this happens to be one of them. It is a story within a story and it captured my attention to the very end.

Available April 2012 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

I received this book free from Revell Publishing for this review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment