Saturday, March 24, 2012

Book Review: Not This Time by Vicki Hinze

This novel starts with Detective Jeff Myers arriving at a location where a wedding is supposed to be taking place that he is invited to. What he sees when he first arrives is not what most people usually see when walking into places where weddings are about to happen. There is a message attached to the wedding cake to give a clue as to what has transpired. Sara and Beth own a business together but their relationship isn’t once what it was because Beth doesn’t approve of Sara’s husband, Robert. Robert comes up missing and a mattress is found with much of his blood on it, so much blood that no one can imagine him still being alive.

In this fictional suspense story, I liked how at the beginning Beth liked Joe but wouldn’t allow herself to fall for him; many girls seemed to fall for him and she didn’t want to end up in their shoes if it didn’t work out. She trusted him enough though to reveal that someone broke her heart after he encourages her to tell him. Since Robert is missing it is hard for Sara to understand if she is a widow or not and it was interesting to discover what was going on in the character’s minds about that.

This is one of those books that people who are good with details will probably like reading. Since I am not good with details I got lost often in the storyline though. This story did not end like I thought it would, which is a bonus with any book that I read.

My rating = 4.5 out of 5 stars

I received this book free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

Additional Information About Not This Time:

http://waterbrookmultnomah.com/catalog.php?isbn=9781601422071

Read Chapter One:


http://multnomahemails.com/wbmlt/pdf/NotThisTimeSneakPeek.pdf

Author Bio:

http://waterbrookmultnomah.com/author-spotlight.php?authorid=13081

No comments:

Post a Comment