Sunday, March 18, 2012

Book Review: Hannah’s Way by Linda Glaser, Illustrated by Adam Gustavson

*****This review is meant for parents, teachers, and other people that work with children to read.*****

Hannah has run into a dilemma at school, the fall picnic is coming up, but it’s on a Saturday. She orthodox Jewish and isn’t allowed to ride in a car on Saturdays. She really wants to attend the picnic and thinks she has an idea that will work. When the idea is presented to the class she gets the answer in a way that she does not expect.

I really loved reading about the love Hannah had in her heart for the people in her class at school that weren’t exactly like her. She was the only Jewish person in her class but she still wanted to spend time with them at the picnic. I really loved hearing about how her classmates reached out to her as well and it didn’t matter to them that she was Jewish. I believe this book does a good job of teaching how to be more unified as human beings.

This book definitely would be a nice addition for school book shelves for the age ranges of 5-9 and grades Kindergarten through third grade.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a free copy of this book from Kar-Ben Publishing. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment