Thursday, February 9, 2012

Book Review: Up Cat by Hazel Hutchins

*****This review is meant for parents, teachers, and other people that work with children to read.*****

Up Cat is a book for toddlers and pre-school children who love animals. It uses "up" actions to describe a playful, energetic cat, such as when the cat is jumping, eating, or just fooling around. Funny, colorful pictures are used to grab the children's attention to help them understand the word "up" in regards to the life of a cat.

I can just imagine reading this to some of the children I work with and listening to them tell me that they have cats at home and then they would probably go on describing their cats in detail to me as we journey through the story together. This would also probably be one of the books that would get pulled off the book shelf often by the children who love animals. After the children finish this book some of them will probably be able to apply the “up” action with other animals as well.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I viewed this e-book free from the publisher through the NetGalley.com. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment