Sunday, February 19, 2012

Book Blog Tour: Words Spoken True by Ann H. Gabhart


Adriane Darcy is not like most ladies in her town. She was raised to work for her father’s newspaper business; which she doesn’t want to give up because it appears to be in her blood. Her father is supporting a marriage to Stanley, a man that she doesn’t want to marry. Adriane listens to her father’s advice about why it would be best to marry Stanley but she continues to have doubts arise inside of her.

Blake is new to town and is the competitor of their newspaper business. His arrival is hard for Adriane and her father to endure because of the competition; he seems to somehow print the most important stories before they do, which is causing a decrease in their newspaper sales. Blake’s presence in Adriane’s family’s life can sometimes be a nuisance. As Adriane gets to know Blake there is something Adriane likes about him even though he can be considered their enemy. To top things off, there is a catastrophe that occurs; this causes some interesting twists and turns to the story and an unexpected ending.

I was curious throughout parts of this story about if Adriane should trust her instincts about breaking the relationship off with Stanley, or if she should please her father and marry a man that she doesn’t want to marry. I liked the theme of the newspaper business in this story, not because I like news about gossip but because I like news that uplifts people. It seemed that there were so many people in the town that wanted stories written about them, no matter what the social function was. This story encouraged me that when something’s engrained inside of you that God wants you to do that nobody has the right to take it away, no matter if it’s something God is calling you to do for ministry, a career, for family, etc.

This was my first introduction to Ann. H. Gabhart. I like her writing style and I hope to read more books written by her in the future.

Available February 2012 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

I received this book free from Revell for this review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment