Sunday, February 12, 2012

Book Blog Tour: When the Smoke Clears by Lynette Eason


A powerful story of forgiveness in a family that has been torn apart, with many large elements of suspense…

Alexia Allen left home to search for a new life right after high school graduation. She had been running for 10 years before she came back to her mother’s home; she reached the point where she wanted to stop running and fight her own battles. Upon her return she finds someone she knows has been murdered. A series of tragedies continue to happen throughout the novel with Alexia and some of the people she knows right after he was murdered. The day and time is given at the beginning of each chapter so the reader can see how close together these tragedies occur.

It is books like this one that make me realize how much I like suspenseful novels, not because I like tragedies but because I like to try to work in my mind how people can come out of tragedies. It was impossible for me to figure out who the person or people were behind all the tragedies that happen in this story. I kept having ideas pop into my head about which person (or people) it could be as new situations kept happening, but there was nothing that made it certain until the end. I began to wonder how so many tragedies could happen during such a short amount of time but if someone really wants to do bad things to people there is no limit to the amount of time it could take for them to do those things.

This is one novel that suspense novel lovers will probably not want to miss!

Available February 2012 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from Revell for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment