Thursday, January 26, 2012

E-Book Review: Poems to Enjoy by Jim McCurry

Poems to Enjoy is a collection of poems written by Jim McCurry from 1947-2010. Some poems are long enough to almost fill a whole page while others are short and fill up enough space for a paragraph. Some of the poems are described as songs and there are also some quotes included, I think which came directly from the author. All of the poems seem meaningful and appear to come straight from the author’s heart, no matter how long or short they are.

I loved looking at the black and white, pencil-type pictures that were on the page before some of the poems. When I ran across them they gave me a picture in my mind related to the poems that followed them. I kept thinking how beautiful the gift of poetry is as I read some of these poems, how just a few lines in a poem can express how you feel sometimes on a deeper level than many sentences in a story can.

I received a complimentary e-book copy of "Poems to Enjoy" as a member of the Dorrance Publishing Book Review Team. I will be receiving an item from the Dorrance Publishing Book Review Team Store in exchange for this review. Visit dorrancebookstore.com to learn how you can become a member of the Book Review Team.

Where to buy the printed or e-book version of “Poems to Enjoy”:
http://dorrance.stores.yahoo.net/poemstoenjoy.html

No comments:

Post a Comment