Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Book Review: Living Prayers by Jerry B. Hood

Living Prayers is a collection of prayers/poems inspired from Jerry B. Hood’s life and people that came across her path. She explains that they are poems that are from the Lord that were put on her heart after she prayed about being the Lord’s spokesperson and she charged that he would equip her with what is needed to get his word out. Soon after she prayed that prayer she received the words for these prayers. There is a large “Living Prayers” section and a small “9-11: Prayers” and “Prayers for Worship Services” section in this book. It sounds like the prayers were originally poems that were put on her heart and made into prayers.

I like how at the beginning of the book there is a gift memo, which you can fill in with someone’s name if you would like to give this book to them as a gift. It sounded like it was Jerry’s goal to have the readers consider a few prayers very dear to them, which I found is what happened to me with the prayers “Let Me Be a Blessing” and “Teach Us”. I found myself editing some of the prayers as I prayed them to match what is going on in my life and in the lives of other people around me. Since this book was written near the time 9-11 happened I can see why the Lord put some 9-11 prayers on her heart, these prayers can probably still touch many people who remember 9-11 happening.

I received a complimentary copy of “Living Prayers” as a member of the Dorrance Publishing Book Review Team. Visit dorrancebookstore.com to learn how you can become a member of the Book Review Team.

http://dorrance.stores.yahoo.net/livingprayers.html

No comments:

Post a Comment