Friday, November 18, 2011

DVD Review: Journey to Christmas

Journey to Christmas is a 4-episode series that explains the real meaning of Christmas as five people from very different backgrounds are taken on a journey through Israel. While in Israel the participants visit places that mark the history of the birth of Jesus. This series will make many people rethink the story of how Jesus' birth happened and discover what life was like in Israel during that time. As the series progresses, viewers will start to notice whether the journey to Israel has had an impact on the lives of the participants and whether they are glad they have left their lives back home to be a part of the journey.

Journey to Christmas seems like a holy version of a reality series to me, and I hope that more reality series will be made that focus on the life of Jesus and other Biblical characters. It was fascinating to be able to discover that some people in Israel celebrate Christmas as I watched the five participants celebrate it with people in Nazareth. I have discovered from sharing about this series with others that people are very interested in learning more about the real meaning of Christmas, and this series is an educational tool that will help many people gain a deeper understanding of it. This series also expanded my thinking beyond stories I had been told in Sunday school, Bible study classes, and sermons about the birth of Jesus.

This is a series that I believe will impact both adults and children who have a hunger for learning more about the story of Jesus' birth and about the places that surrounded the story of His birth. I highly recommend it because it will expand some people's thinking beyond what they have been taught through stories about Jesus' birth and through their culture.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a complimentary copy of this DVD episode series from Tyndale Publishing as part of their Blogger Review Program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment