Saturday, November 5, 2011

Book Review: Relentless by John Bevere

Relentless is a book to help people in the Body of Christ to not let circumstances that they face cause them to give up on the race that God has set before them. There are many topics covered in this book such as grace, perseverance, rejection, being intoxicated with things God gives us to enjoy, staying sober, healing, prayer, etc. This book stresses that there is barely any conviction in today’s teachings given to the Body of Christ to confess sins, change behaviors from sinning, and to become holy. It shows people that status in life is not important and that God can give them the grace that they need no matter what they do, and how to tap better into the grace that God has available.

I started this book with what I think was a damaged view of grace. Now I understand that it’s the power God gives people to do what He wants them to do that they can’t accomplish with their own power; it also cleanses them from impurities that make their lives unholy. I had a hard time taking in the teaching in this book about sickness not coming from God because everybody has to die some time, and some people die by becoming sick, but this has motivated me to look into this topic further. This book also gave me a better understanding of why God answers prayers more urgently than others, and why there are some prayers that He doesn’t seem to pay attention to.

I like that John Bevere describes that his books are authored by God and that he (John) just happens to be the first person to read them. I must say that it did seem like God used this book to speak directly to me about specific issues that I was facing while I was reading it, which makes me honestly believe that God did in fact author this book.

I believe that all people in the Body of Christ can benefit from reading this book. It concentrates on focusing on what the Scriptures teach and encourages believers to follow truth and not error.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this advanced reader’s copy of “Relentless” by John Bevere free from Waterbrook Press through their blogger’s book review program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”


No comments:

Post a Comment