Friday, November 4, 2011

Book Review: The Mercy by Beverly Lewis


Rose and Hen are two sisters who are at two very different places in their lives. At the start of this story Rose is single and trying to figure out if she will end up marrying Isaac or Nick and Hen is married to Brandon and has a child. Isaac is new to Rose’s life and she enjoys getting to know him by going out on dates with him and Nick left town and has decided to come back and is serious about being dedicated to the Amish lifestyle and church. Hen and Brandon have some problems in their relationship and Hen wonders if they are going to end up divorced.

I started this novel without having read the first two novels of the series that this novel is a part of called The Rose Trilogy. The Mercy story weaved together the other two stories into this one in ways that didn’t leave me out of the storyline of The Rose Trilogy. It was hard for me to tell throughout the novel whether Rose was going to end up with a permanent relationship with Isaac or Nick. She seemed to have an attachment with Nick that was never broken but was developing an attachment with Isaac as well. Nick was also involved in a situation where he was present when the death of Christian occurred and this story has a non-confusing way of unraveling the details about whether he was guilty of his death or not.

I really enjoyed getting to know the characters of The Rose Trilogy series through this novel. Past The Rose Trilogy readers will not want to miss this third part of the series. The Mercy should also be able to be followed by most readers as a stand-alone novel. This was my first time reading a novel by Beverly Lewis and I hope to read more of her novels in the future.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Bethany House Publishers as part of their Blogger Review Program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment